“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.” C.S Lewis

Tuesday 24 September 2013

“The usual for me." The usual was a strong infusion of different kinds of Oriental teas, which raised her spirits after her siesta.” ― Gabriel Garcí­a Márquez, Love in the Time of Cholera

Many of the most pleasurable little experiences in life start in the same way, with a smell. The loaf of bread proving in the kitchen, the slightly musty scent as you push open a door to a second hand book shop, and now the exotic mix of spices that invade my nostrils every time I crack open my jar of Masala Chai from the Brew Tea Company.

After writing my last blog an absolute age ago, I went on a bit of a hiatus from the realm of the internet. Doing family things - camping, playing, exploring - while the weather was good and my daughter is still young and thinks I'm an excellent person to spend time with (I know this will not last). I kept drinking tea, I kept reading books, I just stopped writing about it. However, I did on one occasion check into my blog and discovered I had a message from the lovely Aideen at the Brew Tea Company, and she seemed to like what I had written about my cuppa from Sweet Little Things. And while making people smile is always reward in itself, the fact that she offered to send me some tea was a rather groovy bonus :)

So, a couple of days later I received a lovely chunky parcel through the post, and in it was some English Breakfast Tea and some of the Masala Chai that I'd already expressed a liking for. And this is my review of that one.

Masala Chai by Brew Tea Co

The blurb from the company - So you've been to India, grown a beard and found yourself. Chances are you'll know this tea. If you're still clean shaven then all you need to know is: Amazing tea + A spice rack = Yummy chai.

The bit by me - Smell... flavour... smell... flavour... mmmmmmmmm. I drink this tea by the big pot full while watching obscure films I've never heard of on Netflix. It's a winning combination. I like to try many different types of tea, but this is being added to my list of teas I'll always try and keep on my shelf, as not having any would upset me.

No comments:

Post a Comment